“Innovative-Automation” It’s a keyword for OMRON to develop future manufacturing together with customers. The future manufacturing that OMRON pursues can be indicated by three “it’s” of automation: that is integrated, intelligent and interactive automation as follows.
“Integrated automation” – Evolution in control
By taking advantage of industry top level wide product lineup, OMRON continues to take initiatives to enhance productivity of manufacturers by pursuing high-speed and high-precision machine controls.
“Intelligent automation” – Intelligence development
OMRON utilizes factory data to its full potential and is learning from the integration of well-cultivated control techniques and pioneering AI and IoT to make the evolution of our machines and production lines a reality. We also apply AI and IoT to transform the experience, craftsmanship and other tacit knowledge of our seasoned engineers into explicit knowledge, with the goal of complete elimination of factory shutdowns and defects in mind.
“Interactive automation” – New harmonization between humans and machines
OMRON’s company philosophy, “machines should take care of machine work, and humans should enjoy the creative parts,” is put into practice in our manufacturing branches as well. We’re working towards a future of integrated manufacturing by making the best use of the strengths of machines, robots, and people to form a complete collaborative team.
- Sensors OMRON’s wide product lineup can be seamlessly integrated on both the software and hardware level allowing production facilities to easily realize innovative manufacturing systems with ultra- fast control systems and ultra-high precision.
- Switches OMRON provides Basic Switches that operate when objects reach specific locations and Push button Switches operated by people.
- Safety Components Safety Components are required for safety countermeasures in equipment and facilities. They are used for shut-out detection of mechanical guards, checking intrusion into hazardous areas, and building safety circuits.
- Relays Relays are devices making or breaking electric circuits by their output section driven by operational signal, which is triggered by electric input signal controlled by switching devices.
- Control-components Control Components provide ideal control at production site through Counters, Cam Positioners, Timers, Timer Switches, Digital Temperature Controllers, and other input, control, and output components.
- Automation-systems Automation Systems include Programmable Controllers that support machine control, and Network/ Software products to support easy information exchange with host systems.
- Motion/drives Servo motors and inverters ideal for positioning, speed and torque controls in various business machine control fields.
- Robotics Robot arms, robot controllers, and vision systems for flexible production lines.
- Power supplies OMRON provides Power Supplies, Protective Components, Wiring Systems, Sockets, DIN Rails, and other components required on manufacturing sites.